Expression of Interest - General Practitioners
- 3 Positions available for 12-month assignment, commencing around early September 2017
- Off-shore opportunity, with 3 week on and 3 week off roster
- Attractive remuneration and benefits
CareFlight is currently seeking expressions of interest from General Practitioners wanting to experience a unique and rewarding off-shore opportunity.
Working on a project with one of our key oil, gas & mining clients, you will be part of a medical services team looking after the offshore workforce as they commission two of the largest oil and gas infrastructure facilities in the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with an intensive care paramedic and providing primary and emergency medical care to a working population; diagnosing illnesses and injuries;
- providing medical treatment and preventing deterioration of an individual’s condition;
- making clinical decisions and gaining second opinions from colleagues on-shore for complex cases including recommendation for medical evacuations to nearest centres of medical excellence;
- following clinical protocols and procedures – in particular approved pharmaceutical lists;
- deciding on appropriate resources to manage ill health and injury;
- recommending applicable health regulatory requirements;
- providing quality assurance of third party resources in the Medical Emergency Response Plan (MERP);
- recommending medical aspects of Crisis & Continuity Management and Emergency Response Plans including mass casualty scenarios; and
- recording patient notes and assisting in the identification of injury classifications, reporting and return to work.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- medical doctor with appropriate registration for Australia (AHPRA)
- minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience as a GP
- experience in the oil, gas and mining sector highly regarded
You will also be required to complete the following prior to employment:
- T-BOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training);
- OGUK (offshore) Medical
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume as soon as possible to email@example.com without delay.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing. Criminal Record and Working with Children Checks also apply.
CareFlight: ‘The next life we save could be yours’