We are committed to providing the highest standard of rapid response critical care to the ill and injured.
Acknowledgement of Country
CareFlight recognises and respects Indigenous Australians as the Traditional Owners of these lands.
In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge and pay respects to the Traditional Owners and Elders – both past and present – of all of the lands on which CareFlight operates.
Cultural sensitivity message
Users of the website should be aware that, in some Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities, seeing images of deceased persons in photographs, film and books or hearing them in recordings may cause sadness or distress and in some cases, offend against strongly held cultural prohibitions.
To be the most advanced integrated aeromedical service trusted by all Australians.
To save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
Our Guiding Principles
CareFlight has one set of Guiding Principles incorporating its values and cultural attributes. These guide behaviour and help to ensure we operate to the highest standards. Our Guiding Principles are based around our service to the community, excellence, unity and integrity, and they apply to all our activities and people. They describe our values, our culture and personality, both internally and externally, the way we work and what we stand for.
Service – we:
- Are dedicated first and foremost to the welfare of our patients
- Hold true to and sustain our charitable purpose
- Commit to engage with and be accountable to all we serve – the community, business, government and our partners
- Are a professional, passionate, egalitarian organisation operating in an environment of innovation
- Aim at all times to provide value to all our supporters and be worthy of their trust
Excellence – we:
- Adhere to the highest safety, operating and clinical standards
- Promote the education, training, development and retention of our people
- Dedicate ourselves to continuous improvement, innovation and research
- Always strive for excellence in what we do
- Contribute to the global emergency aeromedical research pool
Unity – we:
- Operate as one organisation with a united, national and international perspective
- Respect each other and are loyal to our organisation
- Support one another in the knowledge that “your success is my success”
- Build teamwork with our partners in the chain of survival
Integrity – we:
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Foster a culture of statutory and regulatory compliance
- Exercise fairness in all our dealings