CareFlight recruits and trains critical care specialists and critical care registrars for our aeromedical operations in both NSW and the NT.
CareFlight holds teaching accreditation with the Critical Care Colleges of Emergency Medicine, Anaesthesia and Intensive Care. The registrars who join our registrar training program spend their term learning to care for the critically ill and injured in a pre-hospital, inter-hospital and aeromedical retrieval environment.
Following is some of the key criteria you will need to fulfil in order to be considered for a registrar position with CareFlight:
- You are an advanced trainee (preferably in your second last or final year of training) in emergency medicine, anaesthetics, intensive care or related specialities.
- Extensive experience in the management of critically ill patients, including trauma
- Completed EMST or equivalent.
- Completed of APLS and/or MIMMS (desirable).
- Above average fitness and ability to work in challenging environments.
- Eligible for medical registration in Australia.
If you would like a full prospectus and application form for a registrar position with us, please contact us by email.