- You Can Help
- Community Talks
Book a CareFlight presentation for your next community meeting or event.
Is your social club or society keen to hear from local experts or organisations doing great things for their community?
Would they like to learn how our aeromedical teams save lives every day? Or about a world-leading Australian charity started by volunteers in 1986?
Perhaps you are looking for a good cause to partner with to give back to the community?
CareFlight’s Community Talks program provides talented public speakers to present at your next local community or club meeting or event. Our presenters include both local CareFlight staff and volunteers – all natural public speakers who have received additional training in speaking on behalf of CareFlight. All talks are tailored to suit your event and the interests of your community.
Content of a CareFlight Community Talk
Talks can range from 30-60 minutes plus an opportunity for questions and general discussion on the topics raised. Our speakers can also incorporate a display of images and video if audio-visual facilities can be provided.
Talks focus on the frontline work, realities and human stories of CareFlight’s work saving lives around Australia, including a focus on:
- The history of CareFlight
- The realities of caring for patients following traumatic accidents, injuries and medical episodes in urban, regional and remote Australia
- Stories of recent CareFlight missions and the people involved
- Our aircraft and aircrews
- CareFlight’s commitment to community education and trauma care training
- What makes CareFlight unique in Australia
- A special focus on CareFlight’s work in your local community
Weekdays and weekends.
Daytime and evening events, depending on availability of staff or volunteers.
CareFlight Community Talks are available in all regions where CareFlight provide services. Please contact us to discuss availability in your area.
Please book early to avoid disappointment and allow time for us to develop a talk to suit your event.
CareFlight Community Talks are provided free of charge.
As CareFlight is a charity, we do greatly appreciate either a donation to support our frontline services or an opportunity to promote our work to your member community by mail or email following the event.
The presenters will also bring along a display of famous CareFlight bears and other CareFlight merchandise for sale at the event, along with information on how your members and event attendees can get more involved in supporting CareFlight.
To book a CareFlight Community Talk, please contact our Community Engagement Team:
- Online – complete and submit the booking form below
- Email us at email@example.com
- Phone Natalina Occhiuto on 02 9843 5100 or toll free on 1800 631 678