A 20-month-old boy has been taken to hospital after he was burnt by boiling water in Abbotsford this morning.

It’s understood a pot of boiling water fell on the child shortly after 9am.

CareFlight’s rapid response helicopter was tasked, landing at a nearby reserve.

NSW Ambulance provided initial treatment for the boy, who had sustained burns to 20% of his body.

CareFlight’s critical care paramedic and specialist doctor arrived and continued treatment for the patient’s burns.

CareFlight’s medical team continued treatment as the patient was taken to Westmead Childrens Hospital by road in a stable condition.